My U Card was lost or stolen

The best thing to do is deactivate your U Card, so that whoever may be in possession of it has no chance of using any of the services on the card. Keep in mind that deactivating your U Card is permanent. If you have not already done so, file a police report if a theft occurred. If you can provide the U Card Office staff with the police report from your case, we will waive the replacement fee.

University staff are trained to confirm the identity of the cardholder prior to charging them for a transaction, and Gopher GOLD transactions are protected against fraud (See section 11 of the Gopher GOLD Terms & Conditions).