What is the U Card Office's refund policy?

Replacement U Cards

The U Card Office does not provide refunds for replacement cards unless it was determined that the customer should not have paid the replacement fee.

Replacement fees for stolen U Cards

In order for the replacement fee to be waived in the case of a stolen U Card, the police report number must be presented at the time of the replacement. Refunds will not be given for replacement stolen cards after the replacement has been made.

U Card Accessories

A customer may return a U Card accessory purchased in the U Card Office up to 90 days after the original purchase was made. They must provide the item (undamaged) along with the original receipt.

  • Warranties are not offered for U Card accessories and damaged items will be subject to the full cost of a replacement.

Department Badges

Refunds for badges will not be issued. If a badge is brought back in and it appears that we made an error in production - the badge will be replaced at no charge.

Temporary Access Cards

Refunds for temporary access cards will not be issued. Any replacement will be charged the full cost of a new card.

Gopher GOLD

Gopher GOLD deposits cannot be refunded except for the following circumstances:

  • The deposit was made in error as the student attends another system campus such as UMD.
  • The patron is no longer taking classes or working for the University. See: Account Closure Form and process.
  • The deposit was made in error as the student meant to deposit to Dining Dollars or pay their student account.